Monday, January 9, 2012

Gay Men Donating Blood In Canada

Gay men Donating blood in Canada Writing Report

My initial intent for creating a visual advocacy poster based on gay men donating blood in Canada comes from personal attachment.  With the idea of blood being a substance that has a drip affect such as water  “a raindrop” I took this shape and created the shape on my poster using words I found as I was researching, also other strong powerful words. I used a deep red such as the color of blood, seeing how it stood appropriate. I kept my concept simple I used the program illustrator because it allowed me to worked with the lines and letters I needed to, to be able to create the blood drop shape I was looking for. I created a poster using only words yet I was able to build imagery that could persuade people. Using different fonts and font sizes, I was given the ability to make other words that I thought were of higher priority stand out on my poster within the red blood drop. Using the programs I did and step I used I was able to create a poster with meaning and shock value.

No comments:

Post a Comment